Massachusetts Coalition for Health Equity
Massachusetts Coalition for Health Equity is an advocacy group of healthcare workers, public health advocates, and community leaders who fight for accessible and equitable healthcare for everyone.
Our Demands and Expectations
We urge all healthcare institutions in Massachusetts, including dental offices, to require universal masking and pre-procedure COVID-19 screening testing for all patients on admission and prior to outpatient elective procedures.
Did you know?
- Immunocompromised, disabled, and chronically ill patients have been left behind by the end of mask policies in healthcare settings
- 4 in 10 patients with undetected COVID transmit COVID to their hospital roommate(s)
- Hospital-acquired COVID has a 5–10% mortality rate
- Many prominent infectious disease experts support universal masking in healthcare, including Kalu et al. 2023, Palmore and Henderson 2023, and Chow et al. 2023
- Over 50% of COVID transmission happens before patients develop symptoms
- Half of health workers go to work with COVID symptoms
- Leaders in multiple California counties and New Jersey’s largest healthcare network have brought back masks for the respiratory season. Seattle-area hospitals have just released a new consensus statement on universal masking in healthcare.
COVID ResourcesMassachusetts, National and International resources and information to help you understand COVID-19 and how to protect yourself, your loved ones and community. COVID Infection Control in MA Healthcare Institutions
Subscribe to our Mailing List:
See what actions you can take today
Want to Volunteer?